Wednesday, November 30, 2011

New Toy

Once again, I am traveling for work, so taking pics will be a challenge this week.  I have a couple of extra pics saved that I will try to schedule.  So, in lieu of an outfit post today, I thought I would share a picture of my new toy.  


Even though my blog is still a newborn, I  have high hopes that it will last awhile. Sooo, I have been on the hunt for an ah-mazing deal on an SLR camera.  Neither I nor my picture-taking buddy JD are professional photographers, but I firmly believe in having the right tools for the job.  Plus, I am a little OCD so whenever I try something new, I get obsessed with accessories and go all out buying them.  (Remind me to tell you about the ONE time I tried to play bball and bought tons of gear.)  I am also a firm believer in sales, bargains, on tha cheap, clearance, etc.  So enter, my search through most of the pawn shops in Greensboro for a camera.  I briefly thought about buying a new one, but again since we are not pros, I didn't want to pay a pro price.  I found this little guy, with the box, instructions, 2 lenses & all of the cords for about 50% less than the lowest sale price around!  Now I can't promise the pics will miraculously become amazing, but hey, at least JD and I will look good shooting them.


I have to say, even though I still don't really know how to use most of the features, it does take great pics!
Canon EOS Rebel XS w/EFS 18-55mm lens attached, and extra  EF 50mm lens
Lesson for the day:  pawn shops are your friend.  It just might be a pawn shoppy Christmas for my peeps this year!


Do any of you shop @ pawn shops?  Aren't they just another form of thrifting?  


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Me...