Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Blue Suede Shoes


I almost titled this post “Elvis Impersonator”, but I couldn't strike one of his poses to save my life.  Besides, the pumps made the choice too obvious.

Jacket:  Gap (ancient), Tee:  Loft (Spring 2011), Jeans:  Wrangler (sample sale @ work), Shoes:  Nine West (early Fall 2011), Belt:  Gap (ancient),  Bracelets:  Rope- F21 (Spring 2011) & Silver Bangles (Loft outlet Summer 2011), Beaded Necklace & Earrings:  Bijuju (Summer 2010?), Tassel Necklace:  Banana Republic (early Spring 2011)
 Here’s a funny story about these jeans….I work for a denim company, so jeans are pretty much a standard issue around my office.  And obviously, I have TONS of them.  This morning, as I was getting ready, I knocked a jar of hair conditioner off the counter and it splattered the leg of my jeans.  My lil Muffin said, “Ooooooh Mommy!  You gotta be more careful, you messed up your pants!  You can’t wear them now.”  But, quick like a cat, I went into my closet and pulled out an identical pair!  Apparently nothing will keep me from impersonating The King!




My work badge just really sets this off - doesn't it?
I leave you with these words:
  Well, it's one for the money, Two for the show, Three to get ready, Now go, cat, go. But don't you step on my blue suede shoes .You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes.”

Thank you, thank you very much

2 comments:

  1. I love your blue suede shoes - and the rest of your ensemble too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I think they are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to Me...