Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Emerald City

Something you should know about me is that I pick out and iron both Muffin's and my clothes for the week on Sundays.  I watch the weather channel, check my weather apps and watch the local weather (a bit OCD eh?), then I decide on a theme or mindset for us for the 5 work/school days.  Admittedly, I am a control freak. Couple that with the fact that I can't get out of bed on time, and you can't beat that Sunday thing.  It really makes getting dressed easier, because I can "shop" my closet and put things together that I wouldn't normally do if I were pressed for time.


So with that being said, I give you my OOTD...  I actually wore this almost 2 weeks ago, but I'm just getting around to posting it.  I am really digging the emerald tones in the shirt and jacket.  It's a little bit county and a little bit rock and roll, or maybe it's more like City Mouse/Country mouse.  At any rate, like I've said before (here), I love a clothing contradiction.  The plaid shirt and velvet jacket combo somehow make me happy.  Or maybe it's the fact that I got this jacket for $9.50 from Loft c/o a bunch of Rewards cards!  Booyah!


Blazer:  Loft (here), Shirt:  J Crew, Jeans:  Gap 1969 Curvy Jeans (here), Shoes:  Nine West, Necklace/Earrings:  NY&Co



And for further validation of this creation, Kendi wore a similar look in her Mad for Plaid post on the same day that I wore this!  Nice, huh?


Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Me...