Monday, December 19, 2011

Everything but the Kitchen Sink

There are many reasons why I love this outfit.  Number one, I have been on the prowl for a pleated skirt for MONTHS, and I found this taupe one and it's fraternal twin in orange at the J Crew Outlet a few weeks ago - on clearance with an extra 40% off!  Score!  Number two, it was warm enough in December to go bare-legged.  Number three, I am either totally blog-a-licious or breaking every fashion rule under the sun.  In case you can't see the detail, here's the rundown:  plaid shirt, two-tone cardi, pleated skirt, suede oxfords.  And only about 2 colors in total!  That's a major feat considering I'm wearing everything but the kitchen sink.  Not to mention, the twirl factor!  


WARNING:  THIS POST IS HEAVY ON PICTURES...
Cardi:  Loft (Summer 2011), Shirt & Skirt:  J Crew Outlet (Fall 2011), Shoes:  Banana Republic (Summer 2011
 
Going into the twirl

This was about 1in from being inappropriate.

Happy dance!
Even if the combo looked a bit weird off to other people, it made me totally happy!  And isn't that what personal style is all about anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Me...